Tuesday, May 12, 2009

From Cure for the Common Life by Max Lucado...

Many discover their "what." They may luck into "where" to use their "what." But "why?" Why did God pack your bag as he did? Accountant, how do you explain your number sense? Investor, you read the stock market like Bobby Fischer reads the chessboard...Linguist, foreign languages paralyze most tongues, but they liberate yours. Why? And homemaker, you make your household purr like a Rolls-Royce. For what purpose? So people will love you? Pay you? Admire you? Hire you? If your answer involves only you, you've missed the big reason.


Therefore I glory in Christ Jesus in my service to God. I will not venture to speak of anything except what Christ has accomplished through me. -Romans 15:17-18


I often wonder about the talents God has given me and the strengths he has allowed me to possess. All too commonly I allow myself to use those personality traits to better myself; to lift myself up. I stay in my comfort zone also. I know that I have so much to offer in Christ's glory, but I hold back because I'm scared of failure. The biggest mistake I am making is not risking to make one. All people have talents, but how many people invest in theirs to shine the glory on the Master?


1 comment:

  1. Nice and challenging post. I'll have to think about that.

    And I think you took a huge risk by staying at home. It's way out of your comfort zone.

    Whenever I am scared of failure, I just remind myself of what I am called to do. Christ has called me to this life, so if I fail, so what? It's what I was made to do. I'm bound to succeed at some point. :)

    Now you've got me thinking...

    ReplyDelete